I first saw
this kit on Dice's site a year ago and had wanted it ever since,
so when my mate Mark Atherton (Wolfman of Bolton) went to this
I got him to pick it up from Dice for me........Big thanks to
Wolfie and Dice!
The kit itself
was very cleanly cast
with only very minimal prep work
to get it ready for painting.
A few minor seam lines were scrapped away and the kit
was given a good wash, dry
and then primed.
I started with the Mummy,
basecoated in Tan and drybrushed
with lighter shades of the same.
I added a few washes of
Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna and
Yellow Ochre. The head was simply basecoated in Dark Grey
and drybrushed with lighter Greys
and a fine dusting of Ivory.
robbers shirt was basecoated in Dark Red, drybrushed with
lighter shades of the same, the folds were deepened using a Dark
pastel. His head/arms were basecoated in Matt Flat
Flesh and then the
skin colour/beard stubble I
wanted was achieved by using different
shades of Brown pastels.
basecoated with a Sand colour and washed with
Yellow Ochre and Burnt Sienna, highlighted with lighter shades.
The lettering was cleaned out with a Dremmel,
painted Bright Yellow and Matt Black.
It was attached by drilling the letters and pinning to the base.